Thursday, July 16, 2015

With a herring!

Well I heard back from the two jobs that passed my resume onto their hiring leads.  I was past by both companies, so I'm back to square one.  I wish I could just focus on deving From Beyond, but that simply isn't possible without something to live on.  I also was denied unemployment, because they won't include the most recent quarter, and the 1st quarter they included from last year was terrible, due to a mill shut down.  So yeah, I have no income and am jobless.  This isn't good.  I have 14 days to find work that pays at least 35k or I will be in a dire situation.  I am capable of relocating, since I am not tied to a lease at the moment, so please, if anyone out there is hiring (or wants to fund a revolutionary video game ;) ) let me know.

Over the past few days I've plowed through  series of certifications, just to refresh my skills set (since I thought I was getting a job that would require them).  I am almost done with a course on SQL and another on Javascript, but as of this posting they both sit around 50% completed.

1 Hour HTML, 1 hour CSS, Agile Scrum Certification Prep, and Maintaining Cyber Security.
Danielle will be out of the house until Monday, so I will take this time to finish getting my certs, applying for jobs, and cleaning the house.  I'm just so severely disappointed about not getting either of those jobs.  They paid 55k and 70k, which to me would have been an entire lifestyle change.  Even the woman who interviewed me said I was more than qualified, I have no idea what happened.

My Linkedin
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/william-mcdonald/6/8b/504

1 comment:

  1. Have you re-contacted them and asked why you didn't get the job. Maybe they have an answer that will help you with future job prospects.

    ReplyDelete